NEW: RESOURCE PAGE

Searching for tutorials and software about Deep Learning and Neural Nets? Be sure to look at my Resource Page!
Looking for Octave? Go to my Easy Octave on Mac page!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Literature Survey Day

I have a low tolerance for software installation, so today is going to be overview literature day. For those following this blog, here is the AI material that I'm going to be looking at:


   Do Deep Nets Really Need to be Deep?


Note that Rich Caruana is well known in the optimisation community for a controversial paper entitled Removing the Genetics from the Standard Genetic Algorithm which introduced the compact and highly effective PBIL algorithm. 



As for the more practical stuff,



I haven't yet decided whether I will code in C++ or Python.
Python does not really seem to be a favorite language for the image processing guys, but I have little liking for C++.  I guess Abid Rahman's site supplies translation help from C++ to Python. 


http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10677317/books-for-opencv-and-python


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know what you think of my blog, and what material I should add!