NEW: RESOURCE PAGE

Searching for tutorials and software about Deep Learning and Neural Nets? Be sure to look at my Resource Page!
Looking for Octave? Go to my Easy Octave on Mac page!

Monday, March 23, 2015

A Hinton a day keeps the Alzheimer's away.

There are few posts these days, because I'm still wading through Professor Hinton's Coursera.  

At the moment I was looking at the lessons about capacity, which I guess in a way deals with both overfitting and generalisation.  Hinton's discussion  is based on a Bayesian approach, it relies on a lot of probability-type maths equations, stuff like image probabilities etc, and speaking as an engineer it's not making me happy. 

I guess I just have to eat my spinach, even if I don't like it.

Edmund 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know what you think of my blog, and what material I should add!