NEW: RESOURCE PAGE

Searching for tutorials and software about Deep Learning and Neural Nets? Be sure to look at my Resource Page!
Looking for Octave? Go to my Easy Octave on Mac page!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Could Kaggle be used to source and combine models?

Kaggle is a site which posts machine learning competitions. Teams vie for first place and supply prediction algorithms.  Now, Professor Hinton notes that averaging several models tends to be better than any one single model. Comes the thought that Kaggle has more models than any individual competitor, and thus averaging or otherwise combining the competing Kaggle models should at any point in the competition provide a better predictor than any one individual competitor. Hmmmm. Maybe it's more rewarding to be running the house rather than to be a gambler ....

Edmund

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know what you think of my blog, and what material I should add!