NEW: RESOURCE PAGE

Searching for tutorials and software about Deep Learning and Neural Nets? Be sure to look at my Resource Page!
Looking for Octave? Go to my Easy Octave on Mac page!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Setting up the Udacity TensorFlow examples.

These are my worknotes. I'm an old geek, few skills, gray hair. So embarassed. But at least I cannot lose this lab book :)

I posted a short test of TensorFlow last year -a Julia curve done in an iPython notebook Now I'm on a different machine, and trying to set up the Udacity assignments. And I need to use version control.

Anaconda is installed. Python 2.7.
The iPython Launcher is up for 2.7. Notebooks work.
TensorFlow is installed and working in the notebook.

Command-line Git is installed on my machine. Hey, I've never used this thing.
$ git --version
git version 2.5.4 (Apple Git-61)

Wait! There's a book on Git here. Ok, I've scanned thru a couple of chapters.

Hmmm, better set up a decent text editor. Let's try the excellent and free TextWrangler which is a cutdown version of BBEdit Pro.

git config --global core.editor /Applications/TextWrangler.app 

Ok. Now we go and try to pull down the full examples folder. Wait - there is now also a new thing called skflow!

$ git clone https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow.git
Cloning into 'tensorflow'...
remote: Counting objects: 14815, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (77/77), done.
remote: Total 14815 (delta 33), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 14738
Receiving objects: 100% (14815/14815), 21.86 MiB | 1.78 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (10390/10390), done.

Checking connectivity... done.

$ cd tensorflow
Edmunds-MBP:tensorflow edmundronald$ ls
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS README.md configure navbar.md third_party
AUTHORS RELEASE.md eigen.BUILD png.BUILD tools
CONTRIBUTING.md WORKSPACE google six.BUILD util
LICENSE bower.BUILD jpeg.BUILD tensorflow

Phew. I've survived my first interaction with Git. More tomorrow.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know what you think of my blog, and what material I should add!