NEW: RESOURCE PAGE

Searching for tutorials and software about Deep Learning and Neural Nets? Be sure to look at my Resource Page!
Looking for Octave? Go to my Easy Octave on Mac page!

Friday, January 29, 2016

So I killed my kernel. Maybe a VM with checkpointing is a good way to work?

If anyone knows a clean way to checkpoint computational state in iPython/Jupyter, could they leave me a comment, or drop me an email ...please?

As we're all aware, I'm not the sharpest knife in the box. I killed my Python kerne while doing the Udacity assignments. The fact that I know no Python makes this almost predictable, I guess :)

I need to quickly figure out a way of checkpointing my work. This is the second time I've lost state, and that list of 529114 training exemplars takes a LOOONG time to uncompress. Suddenly, running the notebook  fully inside a VM sounds like a timesaver.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, let me know what you think of my blog, and what material I should add!